Good morning – not a good day at the office for us on Saturday 15th August 2020. Beautiful day for cricket. Dolgellau posted a fairly low looking figure of 140 batting first, but then managed to bowl us out for an even lower figure of 87. All credit to Dolgellau – they batted patiently and then bowled well.
Link to scorecard is here: https://mynyddisamaeshafn.play-cricket.com/website/results/4475347
- Stu Applewhite. Hit a ball straight at a fielder off the bowling of a top class bowler (Welsh international 1) on 12.
- Andy Meakin. Removed by Dolgellau’s 2nd Welsh international bowling at 90 mph for 2. 0 for 5 off 1.
- Will Webster. Managed to get 2 run outs whilst fielding. Wandered out to bat before wandering back in again 10 seconds later having faced an inswinging yorker at high speed from Welsh international 2.
- Jonathan Fagan. Smacked a full toss from the first Welsh international 1 straight at a fielder for 2. Bad day for stats. Dolgellau openers waited patiently for our pie chucker to come on having seen off our seam attack and then despatched the pies around the ground. 2 for 36 off 4 including an over with four 4s in it.
- Tom Hall. 0 for 17 off 8. Quality bowling. Batting – hung around a long time for his 22 but unlucky to get out.
- Dave Markey. Outstanding bowling again with 1 for 8 off 8. Batted at full throttle before undone by the pitch.
- Rahul Patil. Bowled very well 1 for 19 off 7. Batted well with one shot back of the bowler worthy of mention.
- Peter Ford. Bowled well – 2 for 5 off 3. Batted patiently as ever for his 6, but undone by pitch.
- Clive Price. Started his MIMCC season being run out for an albatross. 0 for 18 off 2 with the ball.
- Steve Pugh. Decided that it was time to stand up to the terrible umpiring in the North Wales League and overruled a contentious LBW decision against himself, calling the umpire a rude name in the process. Did not go on to trouble the scorers. Took a run out and a catch.
- Stu Oxton – quickfire 2 not out with the bat and quality bowling session again – 1 for 24 off 7. Enjoyed the snooker in colour (modern technology) on his phone.